Friday, June 22, 2012

And now... out of the zone.

I have had a few good days of shooting in the last couple weeks as I have previously mentioned, and for the those days I am grateful.  I was able to take a number of photos that I think turned out well - 'in the zone' so to speak.  The last 48 hours have been a mixed bag, photographically speaking.  I took a number of nice shots yesterday, but also a few clunkers.  Then, I found out that one of my photos was used to help advertise a photo contest (great news!) that I am not really eligible to enter it (what?? are you kidding me??)!!! So that was a half-full / half-empty kind of deal. Now, today I get notification that none of the three pieces I entered into a regional art exhibit were accepted for the show. I didn't exactly play it 'safe' with the pieces I entered and so knew that it was a risk. As it turns out, it was apparently a colossal waste of my time and money. Next week I will have to do the 'walk of shame' when I pick up the rejected pieces. In order to be even more unpleasant than I am right now, I will ask what the acceptance rate for the show was so that I can get really mad. While the salt is out and the wounds open, I also submitted a number of photos to some microstock agencies over the last couple days and they have been overwhelmingly rejected.

No comments:

Post a Comment