Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Latest developments with my photos

Developments... photos... get it?  (Sorry.)

Anyway... In addition to the shows that I discussed in the previous post, there are some other miscellaneous items to report, along with announcements for upcoming events.

First: On the microstock front, I have submitted numerous new photos to the various agencies and submitted to several new agencies.  My acceptance rates to these agencies are still really rather low but have improved a bit.  They have improved because my understanding of what they want, and my understanding of the quality of images they require, has increased.  They are still low because I just don't shoot that kind of material often.  I shoot what I like, and they happen to take some of it.  I won't quit my day job anytime soon.  The good news is that 1 photo has sold!  Now Photocase (a German company) is holding 3.92 Euros for me for the indefinite future.  Another 96 Euros to go, and they will send me the money... if I live that long...  Anyway, small advances!

Second: My friend and colleague Gary Leising, recently published a poem that was initially inspired by one of my photos.  Click HERE to see the poem in the Cortland Review and hear an audio file of Gary actually reading it! This is the photo.






Third: I will soon have photo greeting cards available in the Munson Williams Proctor Arts Institute gift shop!! Sue Costanza of the Utica Art Association works there and suggested I talk to those folks about carrying my photos as cards.  So I printed some up and talked with them.  Now we have a year long agreement to carry a few of my cards to see if they sell.  Pretty cool!  Here are the 12 images that they selected to have as cards that will be available, hopefully within the week!


Fourth:  I am having an exhibit at the Stanley Theater!!  I took my photos there yesterday and dropped them off.  It will run from now until the end of March.  More details to follow soon!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment